Senior AccountantDownload PDF
Location: Newnan, GA
Position Title: SENIOR ACCOUNTANT
Reports To: ACCOUNTING MANAGER
Send Resumes To: MLasiter@hitachicm.us
Job Summary (Purpose of Job):
A successful Senior Accountant combines excellent analytical skills with a thorough knowledge of accounting principles to analyze financial reports and assist with budgeting. The ideal candidate can collaborate with colleges in accounting or other departments to resolve issues.
The Senior Accountant’s primary role is to analyze and report financial results for assigned departments. The Senior Accountant will closely work with department managers in calculating KPIs, resolving discrepancies and explaining actual vs. budget results.
2. Main Tasks/ Responsibilities / Authorities:
- Responsible for all machine and manufacturing reporting; account reconciliations; resolving revenue, COGS, and SGA discrepancies.
- Assist with monthly closing which includes determining manufacturing and machine related accruals and provisional JE.
- Assist with Federal; State & Local Taxes as need.
- Accountable for all fixed assets: including recording assets in Sage FAS, tracking CIP, processing monthly depreciation and recording write-off and disposals.
- Compare monthly, quarterly and annual actual department results to budget and explain cause of variances.
- Work with production control and parts manager in determining inventory obsolescence.
- Provide accounting support to department managers in resolving accounting or process discrepancies.
- Collaborate with department managers in resolving accounting discrepancies.
- Prepare audit schedules as assigned on E&Y’s Client Assistance List.
- Assess processes, take measurements and interpret data to establish standard methods and processes for production of machine including tooling, materials and processes.
- Manage the implementation of new or updated design engineering document releases to production engineering to ensure production process conformance.
- Collect, compile and analyze production data to identify opportunities to improve production processes.
- Design, run, test and upgrade systems and processes.
- Develop best practices, routines and innovative solutions to improve production rates and quality of output.
- Perform and evaluate process simulations to work out the best production method.
- Perform risk assessments of the equipment and processes being applied.
- Provide process documentation and operating instructions to ensure compliance with both internal and external requirements.
- Analyze product and process data to establish root cause, develop and implement countermeasures to reduce the repetitive problems related to safety, quality and productivity and manage cost effective measures.
- Enhance 5S and KAIZEN programs to improve safety and produce desirable results to the company.
3. Key Skills
- Advance Excel skills is a must.
- Strong problem-solving, strategic thinking and analytical skills.
- Strong interpersonal skills with ability to work effectively, knowledgeably and collaboratively with a wide range of internal company functions and external officials or representatives.
FORUMS (NETWORK OF INTERACTION)
- External: Outside auditors, Hitachi Internal Auditors
- Internal: Manufacturing, Procurement, Marketing and MIS
Education/Professional Qualifications required for the position:
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting
- CPA and manufacturing accounting is a plus
- 5 years of accounting experience with a mid-size company
Additional Important Requirements (e.g. language, mobility):
- Self motivated and self managed
- Strong problem solving and analytical skills
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Excel
- Ability to function well in a team-oriented environment
Geographical context in which knowledge is applied: